The DRA mission statement was adopted in 1990, and revised in 1998. In keeping with this mission, Dakota Rural Action is structured and operates as a grassroots, membership organization of family farmers, ranchers, workers, educators, church and small business people who are dedicated to social and economic justice for South Dakota people. Members are the heart and soul of the organization, and organize in their communities to have a voice in decisions affecting their lives.Dakota Rural Action is a…
- Dakota Rural Action members come from all walks of life and serve as spokespeople who guide the decisions of the organization.
- They participate in the organization through local chapters and statewide committees.
- Dakota Rural Action members work directly with local, state and federal decision makers about the issues that affect their communities.
- Dakota Rural Action believes in family agriculture.
- Family agriculture, if protected and given the opportunity, has the flexibility to take South Dakota’s economy into the new century and define our state as something special.
- Dakota Rural Action members work for open and fair markets and strongly support mandatory Country-of-Origin-Labeling.
- Dakota Rural Action supports fair trade agreements that build family agriculture, workers’ rights and protect the environment.
AND CONSERVATION GROUP.
- Dakota Rural Action members work to conserve and protect both South Dakota’s environment and our unique way of life.
- Dakota Rural Action works to protect ground water and air quality from pollution.
- Dakota Rural Action members support stronger protections from factory style animal agriculture facilities, which have destroyed local environments and communities.
- Dakota Rural Action works to remove the barriers to and promote the development of clean renewable energy sources like wind power and biofuels.
- Nonprofit. Non-partisan.
ContactContact Name: Frank James, Staff Director
Website Facebook Twitter
HQ AddressState: SD
910 4th Street, Suite A